SUPER FUDGY BROWNIES!
- 2 cups cooked black beans, canned (rinsed & drained)
- 10 Medjool Dates (pits removed)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- small handful of either walnuts or unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 4 packets Splenda, or other sucralose sweetener
- Put all ingredients into your food processor or high-powered blender.
- Blend until a smooth batter forms, adding additional almond milk if needed. (The batter should appear similar to normal brownie batter, but slightly thicker)
- Lightly grease an 8×8 metal pan. I like to use a tiny bit of coconut oil and a paper towel to ensure I’m not overdoing the fat!
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape batter into pan and spread evenly into all corners, tapping pan lightly to help release any air-bubbles or uneven spots.
- Bake brownies in a preheated 200 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours. ***Do NOT change the cook time on these. I know it is hard to not want to stop them sooner, but the full cook time is important for the final product; trust me I found out the hard way!
- Once the brownies have cooked the full time, place them into the refrigerator to completely chill. You can try them warm (which I did the first time), but the flavor is enhanced warm, and chilled they taste like super, fudgy wonderful pieces of chocolate heaven.
- Once totally chilled, cut into 6-8 pieces and enjoy.