|Let them eat potatoes!|
Potato Chips for ANY reason:
- 1 large russet potato (or regular potato)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Tony Satri’s Seasoning (or other all purpose seasoning & I may have spelled that wrong)
- Cooking Spray
- Using a mandolin slicer set to the almost thinnest setting, slice your potato(es).
- On at least one gigantic cookie sheet (I sometimes am too impatient and use 2) spray the sheet with cooking spray (lightly!)
- Place each slice of potato on the sheet, making rows and filling in any gaps with the smaller slices.
- Once all potato slices are laid-out, sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and all purpose seasoning (use salt in addition if you use one that is salt-free)
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes, then start checking about 1x every minute as these will go from perfect to burnt and inedible in seconds.
|Torfukey (left) Light & Lean (right)|
How to slice a watermelon like a BOSS…
I’m not sure about you, but I hate slicing melon. I’m not sure if it’s the sticky onslaught of juice that ends up everywhere, or if its the fact that cutting round things into cubes sucks ass, but I hate slicing them.
Lucky for me, I am a Reddit junky and found a great YouTube posting of a video from a cruise ship of this guy slicing watermelon like a true boss. Gotta say, just about the coolest thing I’ve seen, at least since finding The Laziest Vegans In The World .
What do you ask is his oh so cool trick? Well here is the original video of the Watermelon Boss, but if you’re like me and need a little more instruction and don’t want to watch the damn video a ton of times (which I did because its just so mesmerizing), then here’s my easy how-to.
|Slicing like a BOSS!|
- Cut the ends of the watermelon. Just enough to allow it to sit flat on your cutting board.
- Sit that sucker on its end with the other cut-end up. Slowly and carefully, using a hella sharp knife (thanks honey!), slice the sides off, curving your cut around the shape of the melon.
- After you have what I think of as a watermelon football, slice it into smaller slices then cut those into chunks.